Friday, December 19, 2008
Pop Rocks = advent fun
The kids got pop rocks for advent today. I loved pop rocks when I was a kid and I just had to expose my children to the sure pleasure of having your food explode in your mouth. Zori giggled, Cedric tested the waters and put a couple in his mouth and than discovered how much fun it was and proceeded to put the rest of the package in his month. He is so funny... he had the most serious look on his face and the popping sound was incredible. This is usually a sign that Cedric is really enjoying himself and he declared after they went down his "slide" (this phrase was coined by Cedric when he was two years old) that he really likes pop rocks. Abby very carefully tried one and discovered that they where disgusting. She happily passed them on to me and I enjoyed them sooo much. Jason is never to be found when pop rocks are present. They disgust him. They pulled a nasty trick on him in his roller coaster days and they are still not restored to proper fellowship. But I just had to bestow they lovely popping sensations to my posterity and I hope that my grandchildren will one day partake of their sparkling magic as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I like it when you can't watch the office, because then you update your blog instead!
I loved those when I was a kid too. I should get some for the kids.
Just don't combine Pop Rocks with soda of any kind. In elementary school we were told that it would make you permanently injured, so I did it on a dare. No permanent damage, but it did hurt!
Post a Comment