Saturday, January 3, 2009

quotes of the day

Jason Here with his favorite quotes of the day:

Cedric - "Dad, do you remember when you were little like me and you were a little hairy duck."

Zipporah - "Mom, you aren't a daddy, you don't have fur on your cheeks"

This one requires a little background. There are two tidbits of info that you need. First, every Saturday I make pancakes in a shape of each child's choosing. Generally I make dragons, fairies, dragon eggs when Cedric is unimaginative, giraffes, hippos, cats,etc. Also, I have done my best to teach my children all of the important things in life that have to do with animation, especially when it comes to cartoons from the 80's. So my kids have watched most of voltron, a fair share of scooby-do and the original transformers (with you-tube being a regular part of my lecture series). we have had a number of discussions about the autobot/desceptacon warfare and why they are fighting, and why the autobots are good. Well, this morning this was the conversation.

Dad - "Hey kids, what shape do you want your Saturday cakes"

Cedric - "DRAGON"

Abigail - "Voltron"

Zipporah - "a Truck"

Dad - "A Truck?"

Zipporah - "Yeah! A truck; and can you make him yellow like Bumblebee." (I am quite good with the food coloring in the batter)

Dad (now moving from the girls room towards the kitchen) - "Got it, a truck that is yellow like a bumblebee."

Zipporah - "No dad, not yellow like A bumblebee, yellow like bumblebee the autobot."

Dad - "Ahhh, like Bumblebee the Transformer."

Zipporah - "Actually, I think that I want my pancake to be Bumblebee, but when he is a robot."

Abigail - "Oooo, me too, me too. Hey Cedric, do you want Dad to make you Octopus Prime.""

When Erin (who had joined us in the kitchen by this time) and I stopped and looked at Abby, she said, "what?" and Erin said, "Who?" to which Abby replied with a straight face, "Octopus Prime." At which point everyone started laughing, even Cedric who didn't get the joke, but always is willing to laugh anyway because he thinks he is so funny.

The Moral of the Story. Talk to your kids, they are funny.

1 comment:

jessiparkert said...

Those kids crack me up. We miss you guys alot. We are excited for March if you and the kids are still coming!