I am 20 weeks along in my pregnancy which for me is over half way!! I still have a ways to go and have some new orders on how I am to be spending the remainder of this pregnancy. Above is the hospital discharge instructions for my pregnancy. It is faint but it says, Bedrest with bathroom privileges. Now those are some strict orders!! I was also given permission to shower occasionally and was much relieved to have such a privilege bestowed. Bed rest is a funny thing. I am not new to it because I had to do bed rest with my last pregnancy. Being in bed horizontally has a way of slowing everything down. This will be a time for me to organize my photo albums and keep up on my blog posts and give out the many needed thank you notes on time!!! My lovely sister Kelly was here for a week and she and Jason got everything in ship shape to handle the coming months. The kids have moved their favorite toys and books up to my room and I will gladly say that my room has become the center of Farley life. Kelly made sure that my room is full of fun things for the kids. She bought a wonderful treat bin full of delicious sweets and fingernail polish, lotion, and spray bottles so that the girls could make me
pretty while I am in bed. Our church is amazing and is helping us in so many ways!!! This has been a rich time and we have seen so many rising up eagerly to bless us!!! I have all three of kids birthdays coming up and I have been loving the challenge of decorating cupcakes while lying down. I am getting really good at doing the girls hair while lying down and think that my neck and arm muscles will benefit the most in this time of horizontal activity. But we are all cheerful and hope to remain so throughtout this pregnancy. And of course this is all being done because their is an eternal soul swimming around in my belly and we would really like him to wait to enter this world!!! He moves constantly and I think he is doing this to keep me company!! He seems strong and full of life and I am so excited to meet this new Farley. So here is to four months of bedrest and I will do best to keep things spicy and fun for the family!
This is a picture of me at the kids spa. They painted my nails and toenails, lotioned (is that a real verb?) my arms, feet and calves and spent an hour spraying my hair with water and brushing all of the snareglles out!! I have the best kids!

2 comments:
You poor thing Erin. I will be thinking about the new little unborn Farley. Your family has quite the imagination. I am sure they will come up with some fun things to do while lying in bed. Hang in there. c
We are praying for you!
Post a Comment