Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wow, I am no good at this blogging thing. But I feel justified because I have not one comment from anyone so I take solace in knowing that I have only disappointed myself. I am so shocked when I check my blog and find only one solitary entry and that it is growing crusty with age; and unlike wine and cheese, it does not get better with time. So I am reformed and will do better so that my weary eyes will have something new to read.

The big moving day is approaching and the boxes are starting to push us out of the door. We are cozy among the boxes and Cedric has found that he is living in an enormous castle and sees things to conquer, climb, and stab. Moving, to the kids, is exciting and they love the sound of the packing tape being pulled off the tape gun (or whatever that thing is called). Empty boxes become homes for toys, shelter from bad guys, and magical invisible caves to hide in. Keeping a schedule while packing is just as humorous. We revamp the schedule every couple of days, just enough time to discover that the current one is broken. But we are having a good time and look forward to unpacking in our new home. Speaking of our new home, we have no idea where it is. We Farley's are very good at loosing things but this is a whole new level for us. It turns out that we are a large family!! That’s right, 3 children is really going above and beyond the average if your residency is in
Santa Cruz (or so property managers think). So our ginormous family may end up on a camp ground for awhile until we find someone willing to rent to troop de Farley. Cats, dogs, lesbians, unmarried, and nudists, are all more acceptable tenants than children. So basically we are without lodging. We know that timing in story is very critical and we think that this story, our move, is going to be a doosey. Talk about climax, I am sitting on the edge of my seat, fingernails digging in to the chair, just waiting to see how and when this resolves.

So that is all for now. I still have some empty boxes that are eagerly waiting to be filled and some empty tummies looking for breakfast. So ta ta self, I shall post again soon!

6 comments:

ashielock said...

Erin,
It sounds like Santa Cruz is just not big enough for the Farley Clan. Who knew that you would move to a city of child haters, and lovers of same sex couples and nudists. Troop Farley will have much work to do there, work that I will never desire. I hope you find a suitable home, and I hope that people will not despise you too much there. Who needs friends anyway!!!! You will always be well liked here in good old Spokane Washington, by me anyway!!! Enjoy packing up the treasures you have collected over the years, I know when you get there they will be used often to celebrate with some new people in you life. Erin you will do great in Santa Cruz, I love you and I can't wait to here the great things you and Jason will do there. THe the Sister

Anna said...

Sorry to hear you still don't have housing. I have been praying for you guys to find something (and soon!). So I'll keep on praying.

Lis said...

I can't wait to see you guys settled into my old stomping grounds next time I come to visit. Are you driving down? And I hope some housing opens up soon...geez talk about edge of the seat fun!

team brownlee said...

Troop Farley

Team Brownlee is counting the days till your arrival. Don't worry, there are at least some of us here that will LOVE your children and not fault your family for breathing more than your fair share of the air. And, take it from a professional displaced homeless family in Santa Cruz, God provides and His story is the greatest! Can't wait to watch it unfold with you!

TB

Brittany Martin said...

Don't worry, we have plenty of room for your tent in our yard.

Ivanna said...

We are looking forward to having you here. Can't wait for your large family to join us! And about your first post, our Church calendar says that you'll arrive on May 22. Are we five days early, or did plans change?