Monday, October 6, 2008

Sibling friendship

"But God did not give us a spirit of fear but of power, and of love and of self-control."

Jason had the kids memorize this a couple of weeks ago because fear was taking over the children s imagination. We have been exhorting them to trust in God in all things and to remember that it is God who rules and that He loves us and takes care of us. Parenting is full of constant reminding but there are times when very evident fruit pops up and greatly encourages and reminds us what it is all about. We constantly pray that God would give the kids a deep friendship that will be guided by Lady Wisdom. There was just a huge "boom" and the girls came out of their room holding hands and asking me if everything was ok. I assured them that all was well and that the boom came from outside and that I thought it was a big truck rumbling by. They did not look very comforted by this and asked if I could come to their room with them. I was just about to remind them of their verse when Abby said to Zori, "it's ok Zori, God does not give us a spirtit of fear but of power and of love and of self-control." Zori then said "it's ok mom we are not scared anymore." Oh I love God's faithfulness and am blessed to see His hand so cleary in their lives. Pour on more and more!!

1 comment:

Ivanna said...

What a sweet story! It's wonderful that your children are learning to trust in the Risen Lord Jesus.