Thursday, October 23, 2008

When it Rains it Pours

This is a little nutty. I am a bit inconsistent in my blogging habits. At least I can say that my inconsistency is consistent.

We have a long board skate board. Really it is Jason's but we all love it. I used to be really fit and athletic and my mindset has still not adjusted to the fact that ten miles is a long run. I still think that I am as fit as I was in highschool when sports where my life. So when I looked at the skate board I saw so many possiblities. Falling was not one of the possibilites that I imagined. I hopped on there when nobody was looking because competion for the board is intense in our home. I am glad to know that nobody was looking. I tried to do a really easy move when all of the sudden I hit the ground shoulder first with a lot of force. Ooch. My first reaction was to think "no way I could fall, I mean, come on it's me." My next reaction was to laugh out loud loudly. I walked in to retell my funny story with my head and shoulder aching. My shoulder stills aches but it was worth it and I was not discouraged but rather spurred on to conquer that crazy thing. I did realize later that my vertigo is pretty bad right now and that is a legitimate factor in the whole balacing game. It is alway nice to have a cushion (ok lets call it what it is, an excuse) and body ailments are readily accessible in my old age of 29, I mean, come on, I am almost 30!!

1 comment:

the Young family said...

Erin- Great story! Sounds just like you, i can picture it all. You are so funny- I miss you so much! We should both go to bed, I'm sure, but I'm really enjoying your crazy late-night blogging spree!!