Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Bucket of Doom

Well, I realize that I don't post often, but I thought that you all in blogville would appreciate this one. I don't have any pictures, but we have a new camera on the way (Thank you Colvillians).
So one of the many exciting things about living in the South Bay is that I get to have an office at home. It is out in the garage, but it is always so pleaseant out that I just open the garage and work in the fresh air. Well, we also live on a dead end, single car-width street with a very steep blackberry covered hill on the other side of the road. so there is very little traffic, and no place to turn around. Well this morning, a truck filled with City Garbage cans came backing down our road, beeping the "I'm-in-reverse-so-I-can't-see-where-I-am-going-and-you-better-get-out-of-the-way" beeps (since there is no place to turn around). There is not much traffic, and the traffic that does come down the street never makes that much noise, so a train of children came bustling through the garage to see what all the commotion was about, and the reported to me on what the noise was. A cave drove down our road filled with garbage cans (that's right, a cave), and left one for our new neighbors. Very exciting stuff, I realize, but that alone would not have gotten a post, for while the train of children was returning to the house, I hear abby, who is apparently ready to pick up the game where the left off, "OK, Cedric, back into the "Bucket of Doom" with you.
I hope the camera gets here soon, you all have got to see this stuff.

1 comment:

Mrs. Schwager said...

I read this post yesterday and I can't stop thinking about the bucket of doom.