Sunday, July 13, 2008

Late night shows

Sometimes when the kids are completely fried and emotions are spilling out and all over the place, sometimes (I actually think more often then not) they need a little mellow time to unwind and be with the familiar. We got home past bed time tonight and went to put the kids down when one of the girls had the idea to show Mom and Dad a little number they had been working on. It goes a like this: We are first told to close our eyes and to make sure that we do not peek. Then Zori and Abby whisper back and forth to come up with a plan. Zori then bends down out of sight behind Abby. The show begins. Eyes are instructed to open and hidden Zori imitates some kind of animal while Abby lip sinks the sound. Hilarious and creative!!! This then morphed into a puppet show. We have a little bin of puppets and they were retrieved in record speed, then a little stage was made using very fluffy pink blankies and a purple plush disc chair. Zori was up first and Abby, Jason and I laid on the bed and enjoyed the show. I think it was the most fun I have had in a long time. Laughing and enjoying being together and being totally Farleyish, oh so much fun and oh so soul fulfilling.

No comments: