Saturday, November 8, 2008

Girly Fun

The party was a hit!!! My girls had so much fun and said that their favorite part was the clay creations. I was the photographer, coordinator, chef.... well I must say that I failed in the photography part. When something must give I find that it is the capturing of moments that most easily budges. This is my apology for the lack of pictures but know that it was blast. The girls enjoyed being pampered in the spa room. They are a creative bunch of girls and created many things with the clay- snails, cups, birds, flowers, caterpillars and thanks to older helper girl Selah, a dragon. Dinner was next and the ladies where hungry!! It was strange and exciting to look up at all of the young ladies and realize how old they are getting. It seems that the ages 5 and 6 are a strange age of transition. I have notices interests really changing and relationship dynamic also changing. I am still trying to figure it out but it just seems that they are significantly older. Well after dinner we headed to the living room for some good old fun. We acted out Stone Soup. Every girl was given a tag with their name on it and on the back the item that they where responsible for finding and adding to the soup. In the end we had a really disgusting looking pot of soup. But it was fun and they all got to act the part of chef and enjoyed it thoroughly. We ended the night with pinata craziness. Who doesn't love a pinata? They all did well and in the end we gave Selah a much heftier stick with which to disassemble the beautiful pink butterfly. It was fun!! And it really went rather smoothly (thanks to Auntie Kendell and her ability to discern what needs to done and when and how). A big and great thanks to Ms. Brown and Selah for all of their spectacular help. And Ms. Brown deserves extra thanks for staying, cleaning, and filling my house with laughter at the end of a very tiring (and good) day. So thanks again Kendel and Selah, it was a swell party and you aided flawlessly in the execution of all of the funities. And now that I am done I am must confess that I am already thinking about next years bash and what I will do to out do myself. Crazy competitive I know but I think that I really am just spurring myself on to righteousness. Tah, Tah for now. I have a Sabbath feast to prepare and am excited to celebrate once again.


All of the ladies


Abby swinging the sword

Stone soup deliciousness



Three very tired ladies at the end of very good day

2 comments:

the Young family said...

Congratulations on the fabulous party! I LOVE the party favors- the pink ric-rac and washcloths are genius. You are such an amazing mom Erin- very inspirational to me.
Our family has been missing your family tons lately.
So glad you are flying Kelly and the boys out for Thanksgiving!
But, you really must come back and visit Spokane some day. Eventually.

Diane Garaway said...

Faithy and I (having a Nana and Papa 2 night event) are looking at the photos and she is retelling the entire event. Fun!