Thursday, November 6, 2008
Party Time
My two lovely ladies are getting older. The fall is a busy season for us because it houses all of our children s birthdays. To keep things simple for family and friends, we throw a joint party for the ladies. We always do it after Abby's birthday and before Zori's. This year I started planning and collecting early for this day. They are growing up and I wanted this party to encourage and remind them (me) of this. Growing up should be fun. I thought for a long time about what to do. But in the end I never really decided on one great idea. I came up with four and that is the reason the party will be three hours long. Spa fun, claymation creatures, story acting and pinata fun. First the ladies will enter the spa room. They will recieve an awarding winning pedicure and manicure. I bought all of stuff: foot scrub, lotion, pumis, brush, jewels and of course nail polish. That is the beginning of the fun!! We will then wait for the polish to dry and head over to the art studio to make someting with clay. This is the kind that you bake so you can really make something neetoo. My girls are very talented at creating little creatures with playdough and this clay really is a glorified version of playdough. After that we will do a big spagehetti dinner. Activities shift a bit and we will entertain ourselves with some creative play time. My kids love the book Stone Soup. We often act our stories out. This book will be fun with so many people and the girls requested it. We will end with a pinata. But this really cute pink butterfly pinata is not full of candy (we are still busting with sugary goodness from Haloween). I am pretty proud of my idea and my girls where pretty impressed by it as well. We bought a ton of beads and filled the pinata with them. They are nicely packaged in little baggies to avoid a complete mess of girly sparkeley flair. If we have extra time we will make necklaces but if not they will go home set to make something pretty. The party favors are adorable- lotion, nail polish, Ferrero Rocher candy, all wrapped up in a hot pink washcloth tied by pink ric-rac. I am pretty exctied for the party and expect my girls to wake a little earlier tomorrow morning. I will post pictures of the festivities and I will leave you with a couple to try and help you capture all of girly goodness.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Aaliyah is so excited about the party. I can't wait to see the pictures tomorrow!
How cute is that! I want to be 5 again! No really, it's wonderful how all "our" little girls will get to grow up so close and on a righteous path together.
Post a Comment