Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Pretzel Time









We have some wonderful ladies in our church and I came up with a fun way for my little ladies to spend some time with them.....cooking! I love to cook and my kids seem to love it as well. It probably does help that they are constantly at my side in the kitchen measuring, tasting, and stirring. I love to line them all up and have them close their eyes and guess the spice that I am holding just below their nose. They love this game and it always makes them giggle. Food is a big part of our life and I love getting them involved in it. I want to spread the love and joy that I have for baking and cooking faithfully to them. So I found a couple of super neatto ladies in the church and asked them to give my little girls a cooking lesson. The Birch girls are the ladies in this tale and they happen to be identical twins! They are super fun to spend time with and they both love to bake and also happen to both be teachers of little ones; so this was the right venue for them. They have been making pretzels and wanted to teach this to my youngins. Cedric jumped right in with the girls and we all had a splendid time in the kitchen. The fruit of the labor is always enjoyable, particularly when that fruit is hot, fresh pretzels smothered in melted butter.

No comments: