We had a little Farley family reunion at our casa this summer and had a blast with the family!! Jason's family is amazing and I am so thankful to be apart of it! Debi, Jessi and Nick where the first to arrive and Aaron, Michelle and little Lyla came a few days behind them. My 30th b-day took place while they where all here and it was so much to celebrate with them. Turning 30 is a big deal and there was only one way I wanted to celebrate it....with good food! Our church family has so many talented members and when it comes to food there is one man in particular that just amazes me every time I eat his cooking. Mr Flores is an amazing cook and his specialty is Mexican food (my favorite kind of food). His salsa can easily be eaten with a spoon, his guacamole is simply amazing, and his margaritas are authentic, strong, and super delicious and I cannot forget to mention the refried beans, they are oh so good. So we asked Mr Flores if he would be up for teaching a cooking class for my 30th. He kindly agreed and handed us a very detailed grocery list. Benjamin knows how to teach a cooking class and he came equipped with mariachi music to set the tone. He began with the margaritas (which I was unable to enjoy due to my bulging tummy) and mariachi music and we continued on for four hours making a wonderful Mexican feast that we enjoyed for days. We had a smashing good time in the kitchen and now I have the knowledge to reproduce some of my favorite food. It is one of the best presents I have ever received! And I am so glad that the Farleys where there with me cutting, smashing, flipping, and eating and drinking, celebrating this great gift of living!
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Visit # 4 The Farleys and my 30th Birthday
We had a little Farley family reunion at our casa this summer and had a blast with the family!! Jason's family is amazing and I am so thankful to be apart of it! Debi, Jessi and Nick where the first to arrive and Aaron, Michelle and little Lyla came a few days behind them. My 30th b-day took place while they where all here and it was so much to celebrate with them. Turning 30 is a big deal and there was only one way I wanted to celebrate it....with good food! Our church family has so many talented members and when it comes to food there is one man in particular that just amazes me every time I eat his cooking. Mr Flores is an amazing cook and his specialty is Mexican food (my favorite kind of food). His salsa can easily be eaten with a spoon, his guacamole is simply amazing, and his margaritas are authentic, strong, and super delicious and I cannot forget to mention the refried beans, they are oh so good. So we asked Mr Flores if he would be up for teaching a cooking class for my 30th. He kindly agreed and handed us a very detailed grocery list. Benjamin knows how to teach a cooking class and he came equipped with mariachi music to set the tone. He began with the margaritas (which I was unable to enjoy due to my bulging tummy) and mariachi music and we continued on for four hours making a wonderful Mexican feast that we enjoyed for days. We had a smashing good time in the kitchen and now I have the knowledge to reproduce some of my favorite food. It is one of the best presents I have ever received! And I am so glad that the Farleys where there with me cutting, smashing, flipping, and eating and drinking, celebrating this great gift of living!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment